[which esp32 is the correct one ?]
There are basically 2 models of WROOM and DO-IT-Kit one with 30 and the other 38 pins, both work well. You need to be careful when following a project from the internet, that the wiring is correct for your chip.
[1- Arduino-- ide]
1) You need to have pre-installed ARDUINO IDE, or Install ARDUINO IDE , LATEST VERSION follow this video : How to Install ARDUINO IDE,+ all support libraries for the Nodecmu board model in 1 minute-
[drivers for VIRTUAL COM for windows]
In most cases this step is not necessary, but in case you need drivers for windows , here is a document that explains how to install-
[2 download esp32forth ]
Latest "Stable" versions
Latest beta version
Older tested versions :
Other beta versions
Version 7.054 "stable" of ESP32Forth <-- download and copy to a sketch folder, watch this video
or download from Brad Nelson´s site :
[3 upload to esp32 ]
3) Install /copy the folder ESP32forth ( or espforth-eforth63) inside your ARDUINO SKETCH folder.
4) On ARDUINO IDE open the file espforth.ino.
Check the following setup,or modify if necessary
Board: ESP32 Dev Module
Partition Scheme: No OTA (2M APP, 2M SPIFFS) ← Non-default
Upload Speed: 921600
CPU Frequency: 240MHz Flash Frequency: 80MHz
Flash Mode: QIO Flash Size: 4MB (32Mb)
Core Debug Level: None PSRAM: Disable
5) Now, you are ready to compile and download to your ESP32 !
6) Using a terminal on USB you will see ESP32forth welcome message
[4 webui interface]
9) If you want to start a ESP32 WebUI
Type on your serial terminal :
z" NETWORK-NAME" z" PASSWORD" webui
(replace network name with your router and password with your access pw.)
Then in your browser (Chrome) a terminal over the web can be activated.
(Contact at port printed or via mDNS http://forth/)
[5 start programming]
10) Start your browser and communicate to your ESP32 you will see this web-page.
Get the full manual of Dr. Ting ESP32 eforth 6 , here : Download
To better understand eForth words, download the "eForth Overview" of Dr. Ting (take att. this is a x86 version, not all the words are the same!)
(if you look for more information on ESP32, here is a great list of links https://arduinoinfo.mywikis.net/wiki/Esp32 )
[Project 6 KNIGHT RIDER LEDS]
Follow some of our beginner projects to learn how to program with forth.
Download Version 7.05 of ESP32Forth <-- download
Download latest beta version --> https://eforth.storage.googleapis.com/releases/ESP32forth-184.108.40.206.zip <--
all our gratitude to Bill Muench & Dr. Ting & SVFIG members for the development of eForth,
and Brad Nelson for the development of version 7, web-ide support, and newer versions